Tuesday, July 22, 2008

So it's been a while.......

When I first started this blog I was so gung-ho and I wanted to journal every day or every other day... riiiiight. Obviously it's been a while but here goes...gotta get back on the horse sometime, right?

Riley is home and doing great!
Riley was admitted to Driscoll Children's Hospital the week before last for what we thought was appendicitis. We rushed her through the ER and a bunch of tests, which she was traumatized but thank God it wasn't what we thought it was. They believe now that she had 'mesoteric adonitis'... a big word for when the lymphnodes in your abdomen swell up due to an infection (much like strep throat). Many pediatricians are thrown off because the mesoteric adonitis and appendicitis take on the same symptoms. Anyways, my eyes teared up as I was trying to get her to calm down for the IV and the suppository... as I said, it was a traumatic experience for her but once all the testing was over, she did much better in her 'hotel room' as we called it. I slept in her hospital bed which was better than I thought it would be. All glory to God for her good prognosis. I know it was all my wonderful friends and family praying for her. Thank you guys! This picture was taken after she was feeling much better, we were playing connect four :)

Taking it one day at a time
So is it just me or is there days when you just want to stay in bed??? I've felt like that lately... a few months back I started eating healthy and exercising but then fell off the wagon. It's so hard to get back on sometimes. More than anything, I need to start back up again to feel better. When I don't exercise or eat right...I am so LETHARGIC... I am dragging right now and caffeine doesn't even seem to help, except for the first 20 minutes or so. Another thing that has been bumming me out is the fact that every day seems like 'Groundhog Day'. Have any of ya'll ever seen that movie??? Every day it's the same ol', same ol'. However in thinking about that, I came to the conclusion that it's much better to have every day be the same thing that have a tragedy arise...because that's different all right but a really bad different.

Hurricane Party!!!
Speaking of which, anyone hear about Hurricane Dolly?? Yep, heading right for South Texas. Those storms have a mind of their own and only God knows where it will go. I would love some rain and tropical storm winds but I hope we are spared of a hurricane...at least until I can get my parents' roof fixed so that insurance will cover them. It's horrible, insurance companies won't insure them because of their roof's condition...of course, those don't come cheap. There's a prayer request.


Riley and Luke's Birthday Party!
This year I'm trying something different. My 2 and 4 year old (soon to be 3 and 5) birthday's are coming up. Their birthdays are only 6 weeks apart from each other so we have the same exact group back at our house 5-6 weeks after the first party. I thought this year we would try something different and rent out a pool for a couple hours and have a private pool party! We decided to rent out this one that has three awesome slides! I hope that my kiddos don't feel neglected that I'm not having an individual party for each this year (although for each of their bdays we plan to take them out for pizza and then invite the family over for cake and icecream and of course, presents!). It's $150 to rent out the pool so there's no way to do that for both - 6 weeks apart. My daughter is now obsessed with the Jonas Brothers and my son wants Batman, so the combination of the two will be very interesting :) Is it normal for an almost 5 year old to have a crush on a teenage pop group??? For some reason, I didn't think it would start this early. It makes me a little nervous but I don't want to scare her off from being able to confide in me about those sorts of things. I guess I would rather her talk with me about her crushes than hide it -- because her teenage years I want her to be able to come to me with all sorts of boy issues. Better me knowing than not!

Luke in his big boy bed!
My son is almost 3 and we just moved him into his very own 'big boy bed'. Wow, I can't believe my baby is in a big boy bed...where did the time go??? I don't think I'm ready to be done with babies... although I don't believe I'm ready to have another one either! I will leave that up to God and His almighty plan for my life. For some reason, though, I feel deep down in my soul that I am destined to have three...call me crazy, my husband does, haha. I have pictures that I'll need to post about his first night.

2 comments:

Amber said...

hey Denise,
I'm so glad Riley was okay. I was on vacation during that time & in & out of cell phone reception, but Jess kept me up to date through emails.

I know how you feel about being "off the wagon" when it comes to exercise, etc. I just started working out again last week (first time since Beach to Bay) & I'm loving it. I joined Freedom Fitness & got the VIP membership. I can take a friend with me every day, so if you'd like to know, give me a holler! Right now, I'm going at the same time as Shawna Glover & she normally goes from about 1030pm to midnight or a little later. I know that's prob too late for you, but if you'd like to go with me, I could def go earlier.

Hope you're doing well.
See ya soon!
~A

Amber said...

most nights, 930 would probably work for me...we could do like a day by day thing for time. I think Shawna and I are going to go early tonight, maybe 730ish. (Weather depending) You're welcome to join us if you'd like.

As of now, I don't have a "part" in the fall festival, but i'm sure I will soon!
:)